Monday, December 10, 2012

Cabinet Door to Christmas Centerpiece

 
I wanted to create a Christmas centerpiece for my dining table around the candle lanterns
I used for my Fall Mantel so, I dug through my Re-Store goodies and found this cabinet door that is just the right size to hold all three lanterns.
 
 
I decided to add handles to create a usable tray (multi-functional is always a plus).
 
 
First I sanded it and then wiped off the dust.
 
 
I knew I wanted to use black stain - I know I have some, but for the life of me could not find it.
Has this ever happened to you?
So, I had to improvise and use a little water with some black acrylic paint.
 


 
Once dry, I measured and drilled the holes for the handles.



 
Then used matte finish Krylon clear coat to seal and protect the finish.

 
Looking good!


I added rubber bumpers to the bottom corners to protect the table and then added the handles.

 
 
Now the tray is done, time to fill it.


First the lanterns (I like the simplicity of this).
 
 
Then added some holiday greenery -
I used wire cutters to cut up an old Christmas garland (keeping it green :-).



 
Light it up!
 




Enjoy!

 

Thanks for stopping by! Comments are always welcome!
 

Holly

 




 








 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. I love this so simple and so effective I found your page yesterday and read back a year or so. So disappointed Stampin Up gear is so expensive in Australia it is taking me forever to get gear :)

    Regards Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I had no idea Stampin' Up! was expensive there. If you come to Salt Lake for Convention let me know - We can meet for lunch.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Great thinking on that door. It's perfect...AND mutli-functional. :)
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave feedback




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...