Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Give Thanks



Months ago I found this Give Thanks sign on Pinterest and had to have it. While shopping the website I also found and ordered the vinyl house numbers I used on my Front Door Makeover.



I had planned to have this done way before now and here it is November already. Can you believe it?

the supplies I used:

Paint - I used a vibrant rust
Wood plaque 11"x 14"
Sponge brush
Vinyl Lettering (sign)
Sanding block or sand paper
Black Gel Stain 
Sponge or old towel for staining
Rubber glove for staining



I first painted the plaque with a couple of coats of the paint. Its a little bright and that is what I want because the stain will tone down the color.

 
Once the paint was dry I sanded the flat surfaces lightly and heavier on the edges with a fine sanding block, wiped the dust off and used an old wash cloth to apply stain.
 
 

 
 
I used a damp washcloth to apply the stain over a rubber glove - Save the mani - right? If you get to much in any one spot just add a little water and rub it out. Once you get the look you want let dry before applying vinyl letters. Sorry I didn't get any pictures of this process - It would have required another hand.
  

 
The instructions for applying the vinyl letters are simple - this step took only 5 minutes.
 
 
 
Sweet!
 
Now all that is left is to measure and attach a picture hanger to the back.
 



 
 Hang and enjoy!

 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you.
 

Holly





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave feedback




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...