Friday, March 23, 2012

Lemon Cake


In my early twenties I was working a second job doing inventory at a local grocery store. I was assigned to inventory the baking isle and discovered ready made pie filling. Yeah! Up until that moment I had no idea. The lemon really stuck in my mind because when I was a child my mom used to buy the lemon Bundt cake mix, it had a wonderful lemon filling. Back then there where several flavors of Bundt cake mixes, all with fill -ng that baked in the center - delicious!

Back to my early twenties-

For a food day at work (my daytime job) - short on time because of my second job, I decided to try this out. It was a success and is still one of my most requested recipes.

Ingredients:

1 Lemon cake mix + ingredients to prepare cake (I buy whatever brand is on sale)
1 can Wilderness Lemon Pie Filling
1 8 oz Cool whip, thawed


bake cake as directed for 2 - 9" pans (a 9" x 13" pan also works). Cool completely. 

Place first layer on serving dish.

Spread half of lemon pie filling on top.

Top with remaining cake layer and remaining pie filling.


Stir thawed Cool Whip and spread over entire cake starting on the top.

Chill before serving.

Serve chilled. This cake is light, moist and EASY. Great for Spring and Summer.
If you use a 9" x 13" pan spread the pie filling on top, then the Cool Whip.

Thanks for stopping by!

Holly

2 comments:

  1. this looks yummy! visiting via a tweet & a hop you can visit me at DearCreatives.com the door is always open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm...this cake looks delish! Perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave feedback




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...